Saturday, December 19, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (185)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi all! It snowed this week, which was horrible. But only for a few hours. I'm not a fan of snow, as regular readers know. We don't really get along well, snow and I.

I'm attempting to cram in a bunch of reading over the next couple of weeks, basically until the end of the year. There are a bunch of books I've had for ages, some ARCs I'd like to at east get read, some finished copies. I basically want to get them read so I can get them out of the way of next years upcoming books and ARCs, but I don't just want to skim and then forget everything that's happened.

My birthday is in a week. *falls over dead* I imagine I'll be spending it the usual way: sleeping in, reading what I want (probably A Gathering of Shadows), eating Christmas leftovers, and getting what I want for dinner. This year, I'm thinking pizza. ;)

No reviews until January! But there will still be Waiting on Wednesday and This Week's Book Week posts going up on Wednesdays and Saturdays. :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (ARC from Raincoast Books)
Love, Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey (e-galley from Macmillan through Raincoast Books)
The Inn Between by Marina Cohen (e-galley from Macmillan through Raincoast Books)
Ruined by Amy Tintera (e-galley from HarperCollins through Edelweiss)
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton (e-galley from HarperCollins through Edelweiss)
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (e-galley from HarperCollins through Edelweiss)
The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele (e-galley from HarperCollins through Edelweiss)

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read This Savage Song. I can't wait to hear what you think about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had any snow since November, and that 's kinda unusual. they're forecasting Christmas here to be warm, a lot more than usual, so no white Christmas for us. :) Happy birthday next week, and enjoy the reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read This Savage Song. Can't wait to see what you think. Enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing "A Gathering of Shadows" around a few of the other blogs. Hmmm. Maybe I need to look into it! Great haul! Enjoy your books!

    Check out My Book Gathering

    ReplyDelete