Friday, December 18, 2015

Me on My Most Anticipated Books of 2016

Hi all! Instead of a review today, I thought I'd essentially end the year with a look forward to what's coming out next year.

The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig: How intriguing is this book! Time travel and pirates and history and confused girls and complicated matters. I've got an e-galley of this so I'm thinking it might be my first read of 2016. It just sounds so interesting, and other people I follow have enjoyed it. I'm curious as to how in depth it will get into pirates and different time periods and adventure and danger.

Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst: I want to read this so much. How often do you come across a fantasy novel where the princess, engaged to marry and prince from another land, instead falls in love with his sister? Lesbians in YA fantasy? Finally. And there isn't a love triangle, the author said so on Twitter. Exciting!

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: New YA from Victoria! It could be about almost anything and I'd read it. It's by Victoria. I love how all of Victoria's books play with good and evil, right and wrong, and how vast the shades of grey in between them are. It's not just one or the other, true or false, A or B. It's a giant mishmash of everything. It's going to be a mess of the monsters outside and the monster inside and danger and angst and it's going to be wonderful.

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: This list is in no particular order. If it was, this would be first. ;) I crave returning to this world with a fiery passion. Rereading just won't cut it, not completely. It's the needing to know what happens next. What happens to Blue and her boys now that things were uncovered and people were rescued and people were left behind. What happens now with the trees and the magic and the ghosts and the possibilities. How will Gansey die? What will happen after he dies? Remember, gentle readers, to think of the 'what will happen after.'

Riders by Veronica Rossi: The only other series featuring the Horsemen of the Apocalypse that I've read is Jackie Morse Kessler's series, so check that out if you're looking for something more contemporary that really nails some tough issues. This appeals to the dark fantasy part of my reader's brain, especially the part of the summary that details their failure.

The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski: This series has been emotional and painful and deadly and full of hidden truths and obvious lies. Kestrel and Arin have been through everything, it's wrecked them so much, and they still have further to go.

Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: BECAUSE I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. *ahem* Because Illuminae was so enthralling and expansive and dangerous. While each book will feature a different 'pair,' I'm still curious about what was happening during Kady and Ezra's story. There's never just one side to a story.

Of course, these are just the books I'm really excited for right now. There are loads more that I'm also excited for, like The Dark Days Club, Gena/Finn, Places No One Knows, Behold the Bones, etc. It's hard to narrow it down, you know?

What books are you looking forward to for next year? Hope you all have a great holiday and a happy new year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment