Saturday, November 7, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (179)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi all! It's been cold and rainy here. The wet puppy smell lingers these days.

Christmas is slowly starting to vomit all over the Halloween things. There's really no delay between the two anymore here. In the US at least there's a bit of a barrier with their Thanksgiving at the end of November, but with ours in October, the Christmas ads start to smack you in the face when November starts.

I'm sort of getting back to reading what I should be, still trying to work out when to read at different times. I should read more on the weekends. I miss having a buffer so I'm not panic-reading on Mondays and Thursdays. I'm looking forward to the Christmas/New Year's break where I'll hopefully get a head-start and build up a buffer again.

Reviews going up the coming week will feature Lost Stars by Claudia Gray (Tuesday) and A Pocket Full of Murder by R.J. Anderson (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry (e-galley from Algonquin)
Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger (e-galley from Hachette Book Group Canada)
Check Please! Year 1 by Ngozi Ukazu (Kickstarter reward)
Black Iris by Leah Raeder (borrowed from the library)
Cam Girl by Leah Raeder (borrowed from the library)

2 comments:

  1. Even in the US, Christmas creeps in on Halloween. This year there were Christmas displays up before Halloween was even over. It's particularly strange since it's been unseasonably warm everywhere. Nothing more bizarre than staring at a Christmas tree while it's 80° in Pennsylvania. I hope you enjoy your new books! A Fierce and Subtle Poison sounds really good.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Philippines, the "-ber" months signal the start of the Christmas season so it's not uncommon to see houses already decorated with Christmas lights and Christmas lanterns and others are already blaring Christmas songs on the stereo come September though there are others who put off the Christmas decors until Nov 1st. Nov 1st is a bigger deal than Oct 31st here but since those days are consecutive, we just celebrate both because why not? Oct 31st-Nov 2nd are all days for the dead anyway.

    I didn't hear about Lost Stars until a week ago, but I love Claudia gray so I'm excited to get my hands on it, and A Fierce and Subtle Poison too!

    Enjoy your books!

    Chel
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete