Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (213)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: I Am Princess X
Author: Cherie Priest
Release Date: May 26, 2015
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books (Scholastic imprint)

From Goodreads:

Once upon a time, two best friends created a princess together. Libby drew the pictures, May wrote the tales, and their heroine, Princess X, slayed all the dragons and scaled all the mountains their imaginations could conjure.

Once upon a few years later, Libby was in the car with her mom, driving across the Ballard Bridge on a rainy night. When the car went over the side, Libby passed away, and Princess X died with her.

Once upon a now: May is sixteen and lonely, wandering the streets of Seattle, when she sees a sticker slapped in a corner window.

Princess X?

When May looks around, she sees the Princess everywhere: Stickers. Patches. Graffiti. There's an entire underground culture, focused around a webcomic at IAmPrincessX.com. The more May explores the webcomic, the more she sees disturbing similarities between Libby's story and Princess X online. And that means that only one person could have started this phenomenon - her best friend, Libby, who lives.

I'm really intrigued by this. It's appealing to the parts of me that like YA and comics and battling gender stereotypes in fantasy settings. And it sounds like it'll have artwork in it, not just prose, which is awesome. (It also sounds like the art in the ARCs isn't totally finished which sucks a bit. Hopefully, for those reading the ARCs, it's not taking away from/leaving something important out of the story.)

3 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely excited to read this one! Cherie Priest is amazing and this book sound so original and fun. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. This is one I will wait for a finished copy before I read it because of the art. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I'm excited for this one as well. It seems pretty good! I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete