Saturday, March 16, 2013

Me on This Week's Book(less) Week (43)

This Week's Book Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews but I'm terrible at naming things and this has stuck. :)

No books again. Sad face. But then I look at the books I have reviews scheduled for in April and think "NO MORE!" And then I go on Twitter and want more books. It's a terrible cycle.

It was finally really rainy this week. Last week was really nice, but this week was gloomy. Standard Lower Mainland weather. :)

So. Review buffers. I like having a buffer, I like not being in a rush to read a book and then write up a review. I've always tried to have a buffer, sometimes it hasn't worked out so well but at the least I've got the week's reviews ready to go up by that Sunday. Having a set schedule of what you're going to review and when also helps. I think I'm scheduled up until mid-June (thank you, ALA books). I'm going to try and take a week to read through some of the books I missed, the ARCs I picked up whose release dates have come and gone, and then jump right into April's review books. Since the blog event starts in May and the first two weeks are dedicated to it, and since I have a bunch of May 7 releases (7 of them, well, 8, but one of them counts for the event) they either get crammed into late April or mid to late May. Which means most of April will have 3 reviews a week weeks.

Would you guys appreciate me saying what reviews will be posted the upcoming week so you know beforehand? This week's reviews will be 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (Tuesday) and The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock (Friday). :)
Read this past week or so:
The Right & the Real by Joëlle Anthony (An interesting contemporary YA. Girl's father joins a religious cult and when she doesn't go with him, she ends up homeless.)
17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (A haunting story about being lost, discovering the truth, and what happens to those missing girls no one ever finds.)
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (Cute, sweet, fun contemporary.)
Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison (A murder mystery kind of ghost story.)
Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally (Contemporary YA. High school grad works at a Christian summer camp, all about friendship and religion and dating and secrets and following the rules you feel are the most important.)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, no books? I have had weeks like that - it makes me feel bad. BUT, you read some fabulous books this week! I can't wait to see your review for 17 & Gone. I am hoping that you get more books this coming week! :)

    Here is my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what this is what happy looks like! You got a good amount of books read this week, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No books but at least you already has some awesome ones! I am uber jealous of This Is What Happy Looks Like! :(

    Check Out My StS

    ReplyDelete