Saturday, November 3, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (24)

This Week's Book Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews but I haven't changed the name because it stuck. Oh, well. ;)

So, it's time for NaNoWriMo. If my reviewing becomes erratic, it's because I was too focused on writing to read and write up reviews. Hugs to everyone who actually stops by this month. Hopefully, I can overwrite on a bunch of days to compensate and set a side a day or two to read something. And hopefully I don't get really bad writer burnout like last year. The burnout was brutal. 32k words in 10 days, then nothing for the next 10. So far, I'm doing pretty good. It's like a low pressure NaNoWriMo, only I'm behind on reading and I don't have a review buffer. Would you guys mind if I only post 1 review a week for a good chunk of November?

There's an event today with 5 (fairly) local YA authors, and since it's billed as a 3 hour event for them to talk about how they got published, there might be an event write-up soon. :)

Oh, and all the Ontario bloggers at the Ontario Blogger Meet-up this weekend, you guys have fun. :) We need to start something like that out here.
Received:
Pivot Point by Kasie West (from HarperCollins Canada, getting 2013 ARCs is like looking into the future)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (in a trade with Zahida from A Canadian Girl)

Bought:
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (I saw the new cover at the bookstore and had to buy it.)
Live Through This by Mindi Scott
The Right & the Real by Joëlle Anthony

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Pivot Point! :) I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Shatter Me and Of Poseidon !! Enjoy them all!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/11/stacking-shelves-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your new books are AMAZING! I'm jealous you got Pivot Point because that book sounds incredible. And as for Shatter Me and Of Poseidon.. well, those are just amazing. And I agree, the new cover of Shatter Me is pretty gorgeous!

    My Stacking the Shelves - My First Physical ARCs Edition

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Of Posiden! It was awesome mermaid fun! Awesome book week =)

    Our StS for the week =)

    ReplyDelete