Saturday, September 22, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (19)

This Week's Book Week is a less wittily-titled version of Stacking the Shelves brought to us by Tynga's Reviews.

There wasn't a post last week because I didn't get any books, and this one's a small one since I only got two books. And they're ones I bought on super mega book release day on the 18th. Maybe I'll get some book mail next week.

So many books came out on the 18th. The Raven Boys. Adaptation. The Diviners. What's Left of Me. Burn for Burn. Ten. Necromancing the Stone. And I only bought two books. I would've bought What's Left of Me and Adaptation, but they didn't have any copies. Because Canada is weird like that. I'll be keeping an eye out, though.

You know what I realized this week? Both the books I bought are by authors who are stopping in Toronto for signings in the next couple of weeks. *head-desk* If I know you, and you're going to a signing or event or book launch this fall, do you mind sending me any extra swag you happen to pick up if you get the chance to grab extra swag? There are no events near me on this side of the border in the next few weeks. The last time I was at a signing? July, when I drove out to see Denise Jaden at her launch for Never Enough about two and a half months ago. And I thought we were getting more YA authors to come up to Vancouver for signings. Hmmm.

I have a bunch of books that I've bought and read or borrowed and read or bought and haven't read and I was wondering if you want to see any reviews of those books. Some titles include Burn for Burn, Origin, A Want So Wicked, and Dangerous Boy. I ask because I've got some gaps in my review schedule and these books need reading. It's also because I don't want my eyes to go weird from screen vision from e-galley reading. :)

Reviews to be posted this week will feature Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler and Through to You by Emily Hainsworth, so if you're interested in either of those books, drop by again on Tuesday and Friday. :)
Bought:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved both these books so much. I am most likely going to the Burn for Burn signing so if I did end up with swag from the event I can for sure send you some (if they even have any). I wish I lived closer to Toronto as I would love to go to Maggie Stiefvater's signing.

    Enjoy both of these, they really are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven Boys was awesome. I loved it. Hope you do as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raven boys; I hear so many great things about it! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete