Saturday, September 8, 2012

Me on This Week's Book Week (18)

This Week's Book Week is like Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews but not as cleverly named. And I know I said I'd change the name but I just got back today and I'm all sleepy.

Home. *flops over* So happy to be home. There were some fun parts, but there were some crap parts. Like the humidity (the air was so heavy and gross for the whole week), and the rain on Tuesday when we headed out to the US Open to see some tennis (2 rain delays, then later that night they cancelled the evening session), and the sunburn I somehow got on Tuesday when it was a bit sunny but mostly cloudy and rainy, and the getting up at 3am New York time for the flight home.

I know you guys might want a recap of my week away, but I'm a bit droopy-eyed right now. There was arrival day (evening), first day, history and culture day, rainy tennis day, rainy rest day, statue day, catch-up day, and fly home day (morning). I hit the big bookstores, the Strand and Books of Wonder. I kind of wish I could've spent more time at both, but maybe I'll get to go back one day. My mom and I both agreed that if we went back to the US Open, we'd go during the first week.

I only read two books over the week, so much for taking three and my Kobo. I really need to read The Diviners tomorrow and re-read Crewel soon and write my review for Adaptation.

And I totally forgot to get the New York Starbucks mug. Crud. And it's green, too. I really like green.
Bought:
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (bought at the Strand)
Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard (bought at the Strand)
The Blood Keeper by Tessa Gratton (bought at the Strand)
Origin by Jessica Khoury (bought while in NYC, I took the ARC I borrowed from Caitlin and read it and rather enjoyed it, so I bought a copy)
The Calder Game by Blue Balliett and (signed by) Brett Helquist (bought at Books of Wonder, I adore this middle-grade series, the illustrations have puzzles related to the story drawn into them by the illustrator)
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz (bought at Books of Wonder, signed)
Rift by Andrea Cremer (bought at Books of Wonder, signed)

Borrowed:
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (borrowed from Nafiza)
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes/Michelle Rowen (borrowed from Caitlin)

Received to review:
The Night Has Teeth by Kat Kruger (e-galley from Fierce Ink Press)

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul! :) I read Origin, it was really good! I hope you like it!

    Happy reading!
    My StS!!

    ReplyDelete