Saturday, March 3, 2012

Me on In My Mailbox (62)

In My Mailbox is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. :)

First, I need something from you guys. 1) I need suggestions of ways an author can contribute to the Can YA lit blog event that aren't time-intensive or typing-intensive (this author has agreed to contribute but has two May deadlines so we're looking for something quick & easy). 2) What are good questions to pose for Q&A's?

Quite often, I've had a review buffer so I don't have to scramble to read a book and write up a review the night before. Then I started reading other books (read: Fruits Basket, curse you, Kathleen Peacock, for introducing me to it) and sort of lost the buffer. Then last weekend I was down to only this past week's three reviews as my buffer (there were some books I've read but hadn't written reviews for yet).

Yesterday was the first Lower Mainland book blogger meeting that didn't involve sitting in a Starbucks at a Chapters that also had a book event going on. ;) We had lunch instead. And Crystal at Raincoast Books sent Caitlin a box of books, so we totally fought over that. ;) Kidding. There were copies of the same 4 books for everyone.
Received to review:
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (from NetGalley) (Good thing I hadn't totally deleted the e-mail from NetGalley when I saw someone mention it on Twitter on Monday.)
Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay (from Random House through NetGalley) (On the same say I was declined for a different book I was approved for this. So excited, I really enjoyed Juliet Immortal. But does anyone know the actual release date? Goodreads says August and NetGalley says October.)
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (from Macmillan through NetGalley)
Books from the box from Raincoast:
Shadows & Bone by Leigh Bardugo (looks like this will save my eyes from reading the e-galley)
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Fated by Alyson Noël
Wake by Amanda Hocking (I'm rather skeptical of this one. Hmmmmmmmmm.)

Borrowed:
When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen (from Caitlin)
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross (from Caitlin)

Borrowed from the library:
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

To read & review: When the Sea is Rising Red, Grave Mercy, Kill Me Softly, Gone, Gone, Gone, The Last Princess, The Vicious Deep, Struck, The Hunt, Fated, Shadow and Bone, This is Not a Test, Never Enough, and Romeo Redeemed. :)

7 comments:

  1. Great haul!! Enjoy them all and Happy reading!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, can't wait to see what you think of When The Sea is Rising Red--I'm going to buy a copy hopefully next week. DYING to read that book. Cat is so cool on Twitter.

    enjoy them all! I also got Romeo Redeemed, but haven't read Juliet Immortal yet--it's bumped up on the tbr pile, though!

    also I AM JEALOUS that of the Lower Mainland blogger thing! that's it, I'm moving across the street from you. *packs bags* *stuffs books in boxes* Will Canada be nice to me?

    I don't know what the author can do for the Canadian YA lit thing... maybe a giveaway? A very short interview? Share the playlist for his/her book? As for Q&As, what are you looking for? If it's like short minute answers, you could do the whole vanilla or chocolate? Writing or reading? etc. I normally just browse other bloggers interviews and steal questions I like, ha ha ha.

    happy reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kill Me Softly sounds really interesting! And Fated too!

    Here's my IMM for this week
    And I also have an international giveaway going on. (:

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! Kill Me Softly. I can't wait to read that one. I hope it's amazing.

    As for the whole question thing - if it's a short interview get them to describe things in three words (their book, main character, etc) Or ask them to choose between 2 choice (eg. tea vs coffee) or something. Those are usually quicker interviews.

    I can't wait to see what you have in store for the Canadian event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grave Mercy, Struck, Shadow and Bone, The Hunt, Wake! what can I say! definitely you've got a fantastic books this week! I love to read all of them!

    enjoy reading!

    here's my IMM: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! Isn't NetGalley awesome? Am starting to hear good buzz about Grave Mercy. Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I'm totally bookmarking you and stalking you at various points. Be afraid. :D

    ReplyDelete