Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Me on Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. :)

It's my first time doing a Top Ten Tuesday. :) I usually post reviews on Tuesdays and Fridays, but since a review came out early yesterday, I figured I'd do something new this week. If people like it, I'll do it more often.

This week's topic is "Top 10 Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012."

Shatter Me #2 by Tahereh Mafi. I adored Shatter Me, it was possibly the best book I read in 2011, and I'm salivating at the chance to read the next offering that Tahereh will give us.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. This book feels like an enigma of sorts. We've known the title for a while now, but no cover, no summary (besides Isla, the meek redhead artist from Anna), but considering it's Stephanie Perkins, it's going to be great. :) (EDIT: Stephanie put out a blog post today (January 3rd) that Isla is now a 2013 release. I read the post and at the end understood why and wasn't upset. Sure, the wait is now longer, but it's not about readers complaining and demanding, it's about Stephanie and what she needs to be able to write this book. I'm happy to wait, it gives me more chances to re-read both Anna and Lola.)

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. Delirium just about broke me last February. I can only hope that the next will leave me wrecked.

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. The cover. It's all about the cover. The cover makes the book for me, but the story also sounds amazing. Courtney, while I've only read Fall For Anything, writes such powerful and honest stories, and this new zombie book of hers is going to be great.

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I'm about to start this book, actually, and I'm so excited. It sounds creepy. This is the kind of YA horror that grabs my attention.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. A recent birthday present. I like the series, this one and her other one, and I'm interested to see where this one goes and what happens with Tessa, Will, and Jem. :)

Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson. Another contemporary YA romance that involves travel to Europe. There's something about those books that hooks me and sucks me in. Maybe I need to travel or something. ;)

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock. This might satisfy the part of me that loves werewolf novels and the desire to have more YA novels in bookstores written by Canadians. There need to be more of us out there writing YA books.

Above by Leah Bobet. It sounds so enchanting, and the cover is gorgeous. So magical, yet the city looks torn and ruined around the girl. Plus, it's written by another Canadian. ;)

Crewel by Gennifer Albin. It just sounds so interesting. What reader of YA, at this point, in the middle of the amazingness that YA brings us, who doesn't want a dystopian novel with time-travel? I do. Dystopian is getting a bit stale, a bit overdone. I'll read it, but it's really got to hook me.

6 comments:

  1. I've got Above on my list, same as you! I'm reading it for the DAC. I love your list, makes me want to add nearly everything on to my to-read list! Here's my top ten in case you have time to look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many books I could have put on my list but it was just so hard to narrow it down to 10! Great list! I am reading Clockwork Prince now and I am really liking it!

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-books-i-am-excited-to-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm looking forward to many of these as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I need to add some of these to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm reading Shatter Me right now and it's definitely amazing! I love her writing style! It's so poetic :) Great list!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  6. and you have #3 also. wishing you fulfill this reading list. I know how busy life can get so here's three reading wish stars that I hope gets your through. lol.

    ReplyDelete