Saturday, December 31, 2011

Me on In My Mailbox (53)

In My Mailbox is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. :)

There's always so much buildup to Christmas, then once it's over it all disappears. A little sad, but that's how it always works with holidays. Christmas and my birthday was fun, like every year. A bunch of fun presents followed by turkey and gravy and making the little mountain with mashed potatoes, then an apple cakey pie dessert my sister made. Then a bunch of hockey-watching with a couple tournaments starting on the 26th. I've been doing the loyal Canadian thing: watching hockey for Christmas and New Year's. ;)

I didn't get any books until my birthday, but I did get some iTunes giftcards, some poofy socks, a calendar, some new notebooks, some clothes, and the book version of Scrabble (which can be really tricksy but also fun).

I'm not going to do a best of 2011 list. If you know me here and on Twitter, you know which books totally ruined me for other books and which were amazing. :) And which books I'm desperate to read in 2012. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the underrated books of 2011 post, either through Twitter or e-mailing. I'm thinking it'll become a yearly thing, so keep a look out during the year for underrated books and they could make next year's list. :)

There'll be a review up on Monday for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight instead of on Tuesday, and Friday's review will be for A Million Suns. Maybe if I start telling you, you'll remember to stop by and give it a read.

Happy New Year's, people. :)

Received as presents:
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Received:
Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis (I adore nice authors, especially ones I meet for all of 5 seconds before they have to rush off to take their injured husbands to the hospital, which is how I met Phoebe back in July and how I got a copy of her first book. She was sweet enough to send me an ARC of her next book that both looks and sounds awesome.)

Bought:
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver (middle grade)
Dream Dark by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (e-book)

Borrowed from the library:
Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris (e-book)
All You Desire by Kirsten Miller (e-book)

To read & review: Anna Dressed in Blood, Incarnate, Born Wicked, Someone Else's Life, The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, A Touch Morbid, Immortal City, Glimmer, Gone, Gone, Gone, Glimmer, and Never Enough. :) Comment below if you'd like to see reviews of Liesl & Po, Bad Taste in Boys and Clockwork Prince, there are some gaps in my review schedule that I need to fill.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for Clockwork Prince. I really loved this one. I am excited to see what you think of Glimmer.

    Anna Dressed in Blood is amazing. I can't wait for the second book.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scorpio Races and Anna are REALLY good! I got CP this week too! Can't wait to read it :) enjoy!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about Scorpio Races but it didn't seem to really appeal to me.. maybe I'll check it out tho if everyone loves it so much! :P

    I picked up Anna too.. (finally!!!) lol

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete