Saturday, October 15, 2011

Me on A Short Letter to the Author (1)

This letter the first in a series of posts. More will be written, but there will be no schedule. :)

Dear Brenna Yovanoff,

Today is October 15, 2011. Your new book, The Space Between, comes out in thirty-two days. Today I read an advance copy of that book.

I find I have so many words I could give you about this book, words to give back to you in exchange to the ones you have given me late last night in the dark hours after midnight and this afternoon in the autumn sunshine, but it is hard to write the words that matter most when my eyes fill with tears and my heart jumps up to be the lump in my throat. I feel different after reading this book, so much more than I was expecting.

Perhaps, one day, I will find the words, but for now I have only these and I hope they will be enough. Thank you for this book, Brenna. Thank you so much.

Yours,

Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. this letter makes me want to read The Space Between right. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's so a nice and sweet thing to do. I am sure the authors are going to love these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book made me feel the exact same way! I love that you wrote a letter to the author, that's such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete