Sunday, August 14, 2011

Me on Picking Books to Review

Hi, people. Just a quick post but I hope you'll comment and add your two cents at the end. :)

Starting this week, I'm going to list which books I plan to review at the end of my In My Mailbox posts. This way it's a little bit of fair warning for you guys so you can keep an eye out for the review. Plus, I want you guys to tell me whether or not you'd like to see a review of a book I didn't list. I'm totally willing to start a people's choice review thing maybe once a week or once every other week.

For example, this week I got Slayer Chronicles: First Kill, Legend, Tanpopo Volume 1, 2, & 3, Graveminder, Passion, One Hundred Candles, and Bogus to Bubbly: An Insider's Guide to the World of Uglies. I only plan on reviewing First Kill, Legend, and Tanpopo because I want to, because First Kill and Legend are ARCs, and because I want to review more graphic novels (and because I met Camilla during a recent volunteer job in Vancouver, found her manga drawing style gorgeous, bought her books, and got them signed).

I want you guys to like my reviews, to read them because you also liked the book or because you think it sounds interesting. But I also want to know what you guys want to see me review. There have been some books I've gotten either from bookstores or the S&S Galley Grab newsletter that I haven't reviewed (if I've requested it I'm more likely to review it, the Galley Grab newsletter lets you pick and choose and leaves it up to you which you want to review if you want to).


On Goodreads I have shelves of what I own, what's in my current to-read pile, what I've reviewed. You're welcome to take a look and suggest a book for me to review. I know it sounds like I'm making you do the work, but I need to know what you want so you don't get bored when you come here.


So, maybe you could give some input every now and then? Maybe? Just a little? ;) If not, it's ok, I'll just review what I want or what I get sent to review and that'll be it. :)

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this, myself. Aside from reviewing ARCs, I usually try and review a book that I haven't seen a lot on other blogs, or if I felt strongly about it one way or another. Sometimes people will mention on an IMM they've read a certain book listed and are curious what I think, so I'll add those on the review pile, too.

    I like the idea of listing the books though, and I'll have to pour through a bit and see if I have any suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Kaye said. I guess when you do your IMM post you can ask what you want to see reviews of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your reviews. In regard to the list, I'd be interested in the Graveminder review, since I've read Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series.

    ReplyDelete