Saturday, January 14, 2017

Me on This Week's Book Week (241)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Hi! It's still cold here. No new snow or anything, but because it's been so cold it hasn't melted away. What does melt turns into ice overnight, making things slightly dangerous in the mornings.

This week's ramble includes a vague book review! I've been trying to catch up on books I didn't get to last year, I always try to do this over the Christmas/New Year's period, and this week I read The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I rather enjoyed it, it gave me some big Laini Taylor fantasy/world-building vibes, so if you've been looking for something similar, I highly suggest you check this out. The follow-up book looks to be a companion, so don't worry about starting the first in a series. This is a complete story.

Reviews going up this week will feature Dreadnought by April Daniels (Tuesday) and Spindle by E.K. Johnston (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (e-galley from Hachette Book Group Canada through NetGalley)

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover of Strange the dreamer. I haven't read a Laini Taylor book but I really want too. Have a great week.

    Megan @reading away the days

    ReplyDelete