Saturday, February 28, 2015

Me on This Week's Book Week (144)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

Another bizarre week of no winter and llamas and dresses.

Thanks to those who came to the chat for the Canadian YA Book Club. At the end of April we'll be meeting up again to talk about The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe. :)

I posed this question on Twitter but I'll ask it again here. What do you think about me posting reviews of books or anthologies I've backed on Kickstarter? I've been reading Valor, a comic and short story anthology all about girls in fairy tales new and retold kicking butt and saving themselves and their families or boyfriends or girlfriends.

Reviews going up this week will feature Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour (Tuesday) and The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (Friday). :)
Bought/borrowed/received:
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia (ARC from HarperCollins Canada)
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider (ARC from HarperCollins Canada)
Kin by Lili St. Crow (Pre-ordered using birthday gift card)
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (Bought after rushing to the bookstore when I saw that had 1 copy in stock)
Valor anthology edited by Megan Lavey-Heaton & Isabella Melançon (E-book reward for backing the project on Kickstarter)

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I ordered A Darker Shade of Magic but it hasn't gotten here yet. I didn't know Kin was out already...must get it.

    I say review things you back. It's a great way to spread the word about them.

    Enjoy your new books! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh omigosh! I have heard about a bazillion AMAZING things on A Darker Shade of Magic. I so need that book one day. x) I have Made You Up on my kindle and keep forgetting to start it! EEP. Maybe this week?! Hope you enjoy these delicious books.
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary Means and Made You Up both sound really good. I can't wait to read A Darker Shade of Magic! I love parallel universe books. I hope you enjoy everything and have a great week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete