Saturday, October 5, 2013

Me on This Week's Book Week (72)

This Week's Book Week is rather similar to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews only with far more rambling and a less witty title. ;)

More rain. It's times like this I wish I had a big over-sized chair for reading. And it gets dreary after a while.

My sister's looking so sleepy right now. She's in grad school now, working on her Master's degree, and her class schedule is messed up. Classes 5 days a week, and 4 of those days start at 8:30am. And she's had papers due this week and group work with control freaks and she really needs some sleep. Of course, with her back to school, I'm back to spell-checking and proof-reading her papers. Which I'm happy to do. Sometimes she buys me sushi or chocolate as a thank you. :)

I'm a little surprised at how bookish this week became. Of course, when some are e-books, and some are comic books, it doesn't seem like a lot.

The finished copies care of the wonderful Raincoast Books are sort of from the meet-up from a couple of weeks ago. At the end there was some prize-drawing done, 1 of which was a signed Eleanor & Park (which I didn't win) and 1 of which was $100 worth of books from publishers that they distribute (which I did win). And so Crystal told me to send her an e-mail with which books I wanted. And I did. And these are 2 of them because the other 3 aren't out yet.

Reviews for the coming week will feature Audacious by Gabrielle Prendergast (Tuesday) and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (Friday).
Bought/received/borrowed:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (finished copy from Raincoast Books)
Vicious by V.E. Schwab (finished copy from Raincoast Books)
Saga Issues #13 and #14 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples (bought, #13 online through Comixology, #14 in paper form)
Far From You by Tess Sharpe (from Disney Book Group through NetGalley)
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (e-book borrowed from the library)
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (e-book borrowed from the library)

8 comments:

  1. Vicious sounds awesome. I hope you like your new books. Far From You sounds really good, but I'm not requesting till I finish some NG books. Come check out my haul as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing Not A Drop To Drink everywhere! I really want to get a copy of it, hope itis good.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going to lie, I do a little excited dance when I see people are loving Saga so much they're picking up the issues :) And VICIOUS! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Not a Drop to Drink is good. I hope you'll like them all.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-57-lair-dark-witch.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the big win! I still need to get Not A Drop To Drink. Hope they're good, happy reading. :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good haul this week. I loved Scarlet. Happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete