Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (73)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: The Friday Society
Author: Adrienne Kress
Release Date: December 6, 2012
Publisher: Dial (Penguin imprint)

From Goodreads:

Be your own hero . . .

Set in London at the turn of the last century, the novel follows the stories of three intelligent and very talented young women, all of whom are assistants to very powerful men: Cora, lab assistant to a member of parliament; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant to a martial arts guru; and Nellie, a magician's assistant. The three young women’s lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It’s up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder—and the crimes they believe may be connected to it‐‐without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.


*sobbing* Why?? Why must we be forced to wait for December for this book to come out?? Why, with all its steampunky goodness and written by an author from Toronto and a mystery along with the steampunky goodness and girl who look like they know how to fight? *sigh* I wants it so bad.

7 comments:

  1. Charlie's Angels: Steampunk edition. Should be an interesting read.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book! So far I haven't found a Steampunk novel I *really* loved for the Steampunk elements, so I hope this one will be it! *g*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big Steampunk fan, but for this book...I might try again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new GFC follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about the synopsis, but the cover makes me want to read it.. Hmm.

    Visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freaking love this cover and it sounds so freaking kickass! can't wait to read it. :)

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete