Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (42)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of weekly fun hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: March 6, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen (HC imprint)

From Goodreads:

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.


If you've seen my review of Delirium (read it here), you know I was so close to crying at the end. Such a heartbreaker. It wrecked me for other books the way Forbidden and Shatter Me wrecked me. I bought the new cover version of Delirium, read the excerpt for Pandemonium, and wanted to flail like only The Muppets could. And I adore the new covers. Gorgeous.

But is anyone else scared that this book will end and we'll all end up sobbing and screaming at the ending, unable to wait for 2013 for Requiem to come out?

7 comments:

  1. I've been noticing this one...gorgeous cover and tempting synopsis. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK! :D but um, yeah, i agree with how it may end. what if the world ends in 2012? le GASP. we'll never know how it ends. 0.o

    my WOW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GEEZ there is an excerpt now?? I don't know if I can handle all of thsi!!

    WOW @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for this one. LOVE us some ALEX!

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and the cover is so pretty!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pick! I'm dying for the sequel to come out and I love the cover!

    My WoW involves an author and a new YA coming out in October, take a look here. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete