Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Me on Waiting on Wednesday (32)

Waiting on Wednesday is a bunch of fun hosted every week by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. :)

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Publisher: Dutton (Penguin imprint)

From Goodreads: 

The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy. 

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

The anticipation for Matched was huge last fall and to me, it was interesting and twisty and weird and controlling and very expected in dystopian fiction with characters realizing the society they've lived in might have cracks and might not be perfect. I can only hope I'll enjoy Crossed as much as I did Matched. :)

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading this one! a nice choice.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Matched, I'm eagerly looking forward to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Matched just yet but I am definitely looking forward to reading Crossed! Great pick! :)

    Here's my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Matched and will be getting this one once it comes out too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to see where the characters go in Crossed. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete